This post is a week overdue but treatment #3 is down in the books and #4 is this Thursday at 11 am. My momma, Michelle, Tammy, and Shannon were there keeping me company. Can't wait for the day where we can celebrate the very last one. It will be a PARTEY!!
I also want to mention that my blood counts were normal which is a HUGE praise. As long as they stay in the healthy range, I have 5 remaining treatments (8 in total). I don't want to think about the alternative if they do not. So I ask you to please pray that they continue to remain healthy.
You might be wondering why I titled this post "A Sea of Pink." Well, let me tell you....sometimes I find myself completely at a loss for words or just in utter amazement at the ourpouring of love and support I have received from my church family, friends, and co-workers. Sunday, May 6th was no exception.
It was suppose to be a surprise but I accidentally found out that our Pastor along with my dear friends had planned a special day at church in honor of those who have survived breast cancer or are currently being treated. Church members were asked to wear pink. So even though I knew about it, I cannot tell you how overwhelmed I felt walking into the sanctuary and seeing a sea of pink. I lost it! It was so incredibly touching!
Even before I left the house, I was in tears. Even though I knew about the special day, John and I really didn't talk much about it before hand. But when I came downstairs that morning and saw John and my boys all wearing pink, it was such a sweet sight. First of all, never have I seen my man wear pink but then my boys too. They looked so cute! Well, I think they'd prefer I say handsome. ;)
Oh and to top it all off, my girlfriends had this T-shirt made up and were selling them at church. I love it!!
Oh wait! There was one more special touch. Our sweet neighbor Bebe surprised us and had tied pink ribbons around our front porch and the tree in our front yard. You can see them in the picture above.
So lastly, I want to mention that I have returned to work (3 days a week). Wednesday was my first day back and guess what everyone was wearing?!? You guessed it. Pink! Loved it! It was so sweet. Some of the men even went out and bought a pink shirt. Oh and on my desk were flowers from Carolyn and balloons from Brandii. It was so nice to see everyone after being gone for 2 1/2 months. I also enjoyed going out to lunch with my soul sisters, Tameka and Brandii. I just LOVE my soul sisters! I have been at my job for almost 7 years and will tell you that the people I work with are not just co-workers. They are near and dear to me just like family. When I hurt, they hurt and vice versa.
I am thankful beyond words, constantly moved to tears, by the outpouring of kindness and encouragement. I do not feel worthy. I don't know that I'll ever be able to repay them but ask my heavenly Father to pour out His blessings on all of these special people in my life.
Love you all,
Sandy

No comments:
Post a Comment